Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Touch Screen: Options!

I think this is the area where I have the most options.  I haven't set a budget on my project (bad idea) but for the most part the cost variation is minimal except for screens and amplifiers.  The screen in a car PC is basically fundamental.  It acts not only as the display to your computer, but also as the interface.  Here are my requirements for a screen.

  • Can be fitted in my double din dash opening
  • 1024x768 resolution
  • usable in sunlight

Given these requirements, the options may not be so many.  Here are some popular choices I've come across.

Double DIN Lilliput 629 Touch Screen Monitor

Double DIN Lilliput EBY-701 Touch Screen Monitor

Both screens have a double DIN housing, and LED backlight for greater range of brightness.  Both support resolution up to 1024x768.  The 629 seems to be a little bit brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment